At 11:24 AM -0500 12/28/2009, Len Gerstel wrote:
>On Dec 28, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Dale Hoffman wrote:
>  > I've just pulled the paper tray from our Apple Laserwriter because
>>  someone inadvertently launched a print job of indeterminate length.
>>  I'm getting continuous duplicates of a single page with over 100
>>  printed so far.
>>  The job is in the printer's memory, shutting down the printer does not
>>  clear it - the job resumes when the printer is back up.
>
>It is probably in the print que on your Mac, and not in the printers
>memory.

Depends on the job's size and the printer's memory.  Len's soln will
work if the job is still in the mac's queue.  But we often find jobs
are totally held within the printer.  The soln then is to remove the
paper tray, as you did (to create an error condition long enough to
get the printer's attention), then use the front panel to clear /
cancel the job.

Aside - mac vs pc issue.  When my housemate prints n copies of a
small job, his pc always retains control, and sends the job to the
printer n times.  So the printer sits there and waits and waits and
waits between copies.  The same job sent from OS X sends the data
once and tells the printer to do it n times.  That means control is
lost on the Mac almost immediately, and the job zooms along on its
own.  Amazing how many envelopes you can foo before you realize
there's a problem! :\

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.