> What is the voltage to the fan?? I'll open mine and check what I have for
> juice if it will help
> you get yours going.
>

> John Carmonne
> Yorba Linda USA

My dual 1.0GHz MDD has a Delta AFB1212SHE main fan
-120x120x38 mm, 151.85 CFM @ 3700 RPM, 53.0 dBA, 12.60 watts, 1.05 amps, 12v DC.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/deaf12suhisp.html

Because the MDD series ran pretty hot, I wouldn't run anything that pumps out
less air than this even if it is at the expense of being louder.
Yeah I know , they run LOUD already but I'd rather have a noisy working
computer than one that isn't running at all because it overheated and blew a
CPU ( like mine did a while back ! ) or a motherboard.
They are also pretty hard on video cards as well.
You could install Chud Tools and enable Nap mode to throttle back the CPU's
except when they need to run at full tilt.
This lowers temperatures considerably.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5978131

Installing a copper heatsink or one of the thin finned aluminium jobs helps
lower these temps a few degrees too.

I'm about to install a Radeon 9800 XT and am thinking of boring a hole in the
top of mine and installing a 90mm fan to help remove excess heat as well.

Stewie