On Jan 16, 2010, at 1:04 AM, Kris Tilford wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2010, at 2:38 AM, Peter Kim wrote:
>
>> I have 10.5 running on my TiBook/867, and it works, but it's working hard.
>> Things are not as snappy, and the fans run fairly often.  There are features
>> that you can turn off, and other things you can do to help, but I would stay
>> away from 10.5 unless you like being patient.
>
> As I've said before, I agree with this. Leopard seems around 20% slower than
> Tiger on all my PPC Macs, and I've had to downgrade a 1.67 GHz G4 aluminum
> PowerBook for a friend who said his Adobe Photoshop was TOO SLOW in Leopard,
> but USABLE in Tiger. It's not just me, others notice this slowness, and both
> Xbench and GeekBench result archives will confirm Leopard is slower on PPC
> Macs.
>
> I vote 10.4 Tiger for certain for all PCC Macs with the possible exception of
> the faster multi-CPU G5 PowerMacs.

I have a dual boot G5 Dual 2.7 PowerMac  10.5.8  10.4.11  The Leopard runs good
on it but I still have rip and toast issues with all my PPC machine running
Leopard.
I say Leopard is an Intel system. It does have some nice features but you
really need the dual processors if you're going with PPC. but that's just me.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA