Mine is 2002 with a 933 MHz and some added memory. It works well. I am not an expert though.

From: "Dana Collins" <dlcatft...@verizon.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:29 PM
To: <g3-5-list@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Thinking about a quicksilver...

On 1/19/10 8:18 PM, Jeffrey Engle of macgu...@gmail.com sent

After adding up the dollars to put this MDD together, I'm wondering
what the best quicksilver would be? I'm looking at 800mhz systems on
ebay for around  100 dollars? sure they're only 800mhz single
processor systems, but I can upgrade it later can't I? I just need a
really good tiger/os9 machine for odds and ends.... what's the best q-
silver to get? Jeff

Hello Jeff,
This is easy - shoot for any of the 2002 models (800MHz, 933MHz, or the best of them all, 1GHz DP). The 2002 models introduced native, on-the-board large
drive support.
Conversely, avoid the initial QS model, the 733Mz unit of 2001 - this was
actually slower than the 733MHz Dig. Audio because it dropped the L3 cache
on the CPU.
HTH,
Dana

--
You received this message because you are a member of G-Group, a group for those using G3, G4, and G5 desktop Macs - with a particular focus on Power Macs. The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml and our netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml