At 11:58 AM -0700 1/23/10, Kasey Smith wrote:
On Jan 23, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Mark wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to upgrade by adding Tiger (replacing Panther) & CS 2.
(replacing photoshop 6)  I want to run an updated browser & web design
software compatible w/ tiger.  I know little about computers except
creating art in Photoshop,so would appreciate any suggestions.  I'm
considering a newer Mac if this isn't possible. Below are the
specs:

Dual 533 MHz Mac G4, 1.12 GB SRAM, L2 Cache: 1 MB (per cpu) - Bus
speed: 133 MHz. Memory: up to 1.5 GB Max;+ 128 SRAM
This computer is partitioned - 1. OS 9.2.2, 57.26 GB capacity; 35.14
GB available.
                                           2. OSX 10.3.9 Panther

Thank you!

Mark

You could even do a little poking around and install Leo on there and it would run fine. :D

(Leo takes a workaround for under 876MHz G4's, but dual 533MHz might even be faster then an 876MHz...)

Tiger will likely run faster for you than Panther on that machine.

I have a near identical DA.

Leopard should work as well, but it may be a little slower than Tiger.

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>

Sustainable Building Calendar: <http://Calendar.SustainableSources.com>