Hi Paula
My G4 AGP tower only has the 450 processor but I got a Lacie DVD
burner from ebay recently that works great plugged into the firewire
socket. The mac immediately recognised it and it appears in the
profile, . It works well with Toast Titanium 6 providing you don't try
to write at the fastest speed. And it only cost me £21. You may need
to go for a pre Lightscribe model If you go to the LaCie website and
look up the manuals and specs for past models, a pdf dowload will tell
you what the minimum size processor is for each model of burner. I was
limited  by my processor but many more  LaCie burners will work with
processors 600 Mhz or greater. There are always a few on ebay/ Good
luck