On Feb 4, 2010, at 1:09 AM, Clark Martin wrote:

On 2/3/10 11:38 PM, Ricardo Sevilla wrote:
Oh cool. I have the adc connector on the other side of the card. But if
I connected an ADC monitor to it would it "slow" the computer down? I
would figure that an extra PCI video card driving another monitor would
run faster right?

Why would an ADC monitor slow it down? AFAIK ADC is just as functional as DVI. The down side of an ADC is cost (a guess on my part, I haven't priced them out). Another thing is their limited utility. You can only use one with video card that has an ADC connector. VGA and DVI are far more widely supported.

Using both video ports on a card doesn't slow it down to my knowledge. AGP as a higher throughput than PCI. PCI graphics cards are not supported by Quartz Extreme. There is a fix to make Quartz Extreme work on PCI cards but it disables QE for AGP cards.

Erm, get an ADC to DVI adaptor?