On Feb 15, 2010, at 12:01 PM, Kris Tilford wrote:

On Feb 15, 2010, at 11:14 AM, Kasey Smith wrote:

Yeah, I have a USB2 card here in my PowerMac thats all black and has an NEC chipset. Works fine in OS9 on the B&W but not on the Molar Mac (beige G3).

Yes, and I now remember WHY that is. The Beige Macs had an earlier implementation of the PCI bus, and when USB 2.0 came along everyone had moved onto a newer PCI bus standard. The B&W was the 1st Mac to get the newer PCI bus, and this is why some cards work in the B&W and newer Macs but fail in the Beige and earlier. There is no solution.

That would not explain it though as the card works fine in OSX on the beige mac ;)