Thanks for the reply's everyone. I don't know if it matters, but the
Deskstar drive has 10.4 on it, where the drive with all my info is 10.2. I
don't own Diskwarrior, but I'm trying to search for a copy. I also
unfortunately don't own a 10.4 install disk (I got the drive with it already
installed), so saving the 10.4 drive is somewhat important (I only have 10.2
disks, which are now obsolete). I have looked at the cost to buy a used copy of
10.4, but it's quite costly, and for the same cost, I could buy 10.5. I'd
really hate to fork over $100 for a new OS, so hopefully it won't come to that.
   None the less, I'm still open to ideas. I assume there's no way to fix this
drive without some software I don't own at the moment? Is there anything I can
do to salvage it, while keeping the data in tact? Things work fine, but
anything I transfer gets trashed. I'll attempt to transfer data through
Firewire, but I wonder what I can do if I wanted to run 2 drives at the same
time. Does anyone have an idea why this computer is doing this? Thanks again
everyone, I really appreciate the help.

   Jake