On Apr 1, 2010, at 2:48 PM, JOHN CARMONNE wrote:

Does it turn green on the other machines? So long as it's properly charging the battery and such I wouldn't worry too much.

Yes it does turn green. I think the 800 DVI TiBook's have a separate DC board unlike the 500 VGA models. Can that be the problem? I really don't need the green light except to make everything original:-)

If the DC board is faulty it won't charge; heck it won't run...I wouldn't think the DC board could be so specifically broken as to prevent the ring from coming on yet work in all other respects, but stranger things have happened.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona