My 3 Clamshells are all 466mhz with 576mb but they are all Indigo and White, I changed the motherboards and 2 I also added the DVD drives... They are great machines compared to my G4 Ti-Powerbook with all the keyboard and trackpad marks on the screen, also the hinges and the CD's that pop out for no reason...  Right now I'm trying to put a 60g 7200rpm HD in it so I can run Tiger but I can not get the new HD to show up in the install window to install Tiger, I returned it for another one and the same thing???  If anyone knows what's up with that it would be great!!! But I'm prob going to install it in my Powerbook and put Tiger on it in there, then put it in my Clamshell after...
   I am still pissed about that iPad and no USB...

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sokolovsky
Sent: Apr 19, 2010 4:29 PM
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: So what do you think about the iPad?

Richard Gerome.... I also have a clamshell iBook. It's an original tangerine with 544MB of RAM, and it has jaguar on it. I keep up with it too.a very decent system to use, but mine is 11yrs old not 10.

Just to clear out any rumors, the iBook (even the original blueberry and tangerine ones) can house up to 544MB of RAM. just go to:

there you can get yourself a low-profile 512MB module for better "oomph" in your iBook.