On Jun 16, 2010, at 10:34 AM, Peter Haas wrote:

> Where absolute compatibility is required, over a great many applications,
> irrespective of performance, I use "Product M".
>
> Where highest performance is required, over comparatively few applications,
> most of these being "mission specific" and "mission critical", I use "Product
> H".

Where "End User != hacker" (in old school sense) go with a real Mac.

While it's gotten VASTLY easier to set up a Hack, it's still very much a 'work
ON your computer, not WITH your computer thing.', at least while getting it up
and running, and if anything goes wrong.

With a Mac, running System Updater is a normal course of action, with a Hack it
can turn into a real 'adventure'. Example 10.6.4. Won't know what it breaks
until it's pried apart and examined under a microscope.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona