On Jun 30, 2010, at 10:12 AM, john CARMONNE wrote:

On Jun 30, 2010, at 8:45 AM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

I recently moved the mdd about 15 feet from the desk. Then connected my keyboard/mouse and monitor via 15 ft. extension cables (dvi and usb). Video works great, but keyboard/mouse didn't have the power it needed.... I then used a USB 2.0 7 port hub at the MDD end to boost power, which, by the way works great..... here's the question: has anybody on the list tried using one of those "dual USB connections" to provide extra power instead of the USB hub? you know, like the usb cables you sometimes get when you buy a 2.5 external hard drive? to provide power to bigger hard drives installed into that 2.5 USB enclosure? Jeff

Jeffrey Engle
macgu...@gmail.com
Kamiah, Idaho 83536

Machine Info:
 Model Name:    Power Mac G4
 Model Identifier: PowerMac3,6
 Processor Name:    PowerPC G4  (3.3)
 Processor Speed: 1.42 GHz
 Number Of CPUs:   2
 L2 Cache (per CPU):  256 KB
 L3 Cache (per CPU): 2 MB
 Memory:   2 GB
 Bus Speed:    167 MHz
 Boot ROM Version:  4.6.0f1
 Serial Number (system):    XB3130D0NP3
Can you boot 9 on that machine. The USB cable idea will work but the hub is the way to go put a 2.0 USB card in the MDD and the the hub. That's how I do it.
John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my TiBook 500

Why boot 9? Jeff