On Jul 13, 2010, at 12:42 PM, t...@io.com wrote:

Does the Mac OS X included RAID feature work with USB2 external
drives?  Would it be usable (not too slow).

I'm building a home music server out of a G4 Mac Mini running Tiger
and was going to get one external 2 GB drive to sit under it in a
MiniStack case, but then I started thinking about back up, and
realized I might like to run mirrored drives.   So I could add a
second drive and MiniStack and just make the stack a little higher,
but I've never done RAID on anything but internal drives.  I think it
should work, but I'm not sure.

Does it work?

Jeff Walther

I'm really hoping that somebody chimes in on this because I have the same question. Jeff Engle