On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 01:12 +0200, Mac User #330250 wrote:

> > Also, How did you migrate your data to Linux? and any suggestions on
> > how to do so?
>
> I think you got me wrong here. I used Linux all the way. I started off on a
> PC
> running Gentoo Linux. I then migrated to a newer PC. Then I got the first G4
> Mac and got Gentoo Linux running on it as well and migrated all my data to
> this G4 (on Gentoo Linux!). Then it was the G5 Dual-Core, and now it is the
> Phenom II X6.
Just out of curiousity, how long did it take Gentoo to compile on your
G4? I'm guessing about 3 weeks. :) A helpful hint if you like Gentoo on
older hardware - look into distcc. I believe there's a way to distribute
the compiling amongst all your hardware, which would be especially
helpful for you considering all the machines you seem to have at your
disposal.

Eric