I agree, it's probably in violation of SLA.
A question - Apple no longer sells Tiger, correct? When I buy a used
Mac that contains an OS, but not the discs, seller is in violation,
right? At what point does hacking your own disc to run on another
machine when the first died, ok?

By the way - I don't see Leopard available for sale on the Apple Site.
Only Snow Leopard. So, knowing that any Leopard Discs for sale are
probably discs that have been used, and since they are now being sold
separately (from a machine) buying them is participating in the
pirating as well. How does a new G4 owner get legit?

This is a "devil's advocate" question. I have 4 G4 MDDs in my house
running the Family Plan Leopard. One machine came with it, and when I
saw how well it ran, I ponied up the money to run it legit on all
machines.