On Jul 19, 2010, at 2:00 PM, Mac User #330250 wrote:

> This is a dilemma!
>
> One the one hand you may have (get, buy) a PowerPC (also Intel?) Mac. The bad
> thing about it: it didn't came with the original installation discs; they
> simply seem to be lost, over the years maybe (like for tons of G4 Macs). Why
> is this so bad? Because without them you don't have a chance to reinstall the
> original operating system with the original *and licensed* software.
>
> But you *know* that this specific model came with such software. The software
> was paid for, because there was no other chance to get a Mac. (There was
> never
> even a single Mac sold without Mac OS and some software of any kind!)
>
> So, the software (discs) got lost, but the license(s) is(are) still valid.
> After all, you didn't buy the software, you just bought the license – you
> have
> the right to use the software, not to own it.
>
> But without the installation discs you're stuck… Do you also have those other
> discs (from a different Mac) laying around?
>
> See the dilemma?
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250

Well said there's no pirating going on, it's just like you said all Macs come
with Apple OS, not so with Windbloze boxes.
So according to the computer police if you lost the disks over the years by law
you must destroy that orphaned Mac??
Crapola I say. Like someone said Saturday sell the Apple stock when that
happens.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP