Hi all,

After what I've heard about the G5s, I was a little wary of the Power
Mac G5 my college bought for the music department (which I often help
with tech-wise). It's a liquid-cooled 2.5 Ghz – sounded cool in theory
but still, I was a little nervous.

Well, after a few months of no problems (and the awesome sound of the
fans kicking in), I can't get enough of this thing. It beats out all
Late 2008 iMacs in the room hands down and can multitask like there's
no tomorrow. The "blown away" commercial says it all – it's got a lot
of power in it for its age.

So, I'm debating now whether I should rebuild an old '99 Compaq
Presario or just buy myself a Power Mac G5. Cost-wise, the Power Mac
would be more efficient, but I am still concerned about getting a dud.
Is there anything to look for when buying a G5 that would indicate a
problem (or a good unit)?

This unit will either be a desktop or an HTPC/media server.

Thanks,
Austin Leeds