On Aug 12, 2010, at 11:29 AM, Dana Collins wrote:

On 8/12/10 11:46 AM, Bequette Jeff of jbeque...@tconl.com sent

On Aug 10, 2010, at 4:24 PM, DLC wrote:

Greetings all,
I was able to move a spare G5 (1.8GHz, DP) from my school office to
home studio. At the office, sleep on the unit was not a luxury; now at
home it would be a nice feature. The G5 does not sleep; when I
manually put it to sleep, it goes through the motions to the point of shitting down the monitor projection, then immediately wakes up again.
The OS is 10.5.8, btw.
Is this a common issue with G5s? Any particular preferences to trash
to reset the Energy System Preference?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Best regards,
Dana

Must be in your settings.  My DP 1.8 G5 does sleep.   OS 10.5.8

Thanks for responding, Jeff. So... What are your settings?
-Dana

Sorry, missed your reply yesterday.

Under Energy Saver, Sleep, Put the computer/the displays to sleep when inactive for 1 tic less than 15 minutes.

Screen saver, random iphoto starts at 4 minutes