On Aug 18, 1:52 pm, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu>
wrote:

> Try your wife's Acer monitor on the Mini, if you can...

that's a good idea Bruce. I'll try that next time I'm down in Santa
Barbara.

On Aug 18, 5:25 pm, Clark Martin <cm...@sonic.net> wrote:
 >Open Display Preferences, with resolution set to 1920 x 1080  click
on the Options tab.  If it's there try clicking on the Overscan check
box.

Clark, I don't see an options tab in the 10.4.11 Display Preferences
and yes I'm using DVI-DVI.

On Aug 18, 2:33 pm, Kris Tilford <ktilfo...@cox.net> wrote:

>The problem isn't with the display, the problem is with the G4
> Mini's video card, it has a limitation that isn't common or well
> known

Your argument is compelling Kris.
View Sonic finally responded with a list of acceptable resolutions.
1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz fills the screen but looks unacceptably stretched.
VS sent me to their online driver download site, but no mac driver was
listed
The setup disc asked for one's OS, so presumably loaded the available
driver.
VS suggested I upgrade my videocard driver.

The "ResEdit" option seems beyond my skill set.

Anyway, I can live with the front and back doors until I can upgrade
the Mini.
In a couple of days I won't even notice them.

The thing that will require far more adaptation is the tiny MenuBar
font in the Finder MenuBar and in App MenuBars.
Wandering around Google, I find others with the same, apparently
unresolvable complaint.

In most apps and browsers I can enlarge the Window fonts, but not the
MenuBar
Wonder if there's a hack for that? Maybe I'll have to become adept
with the SwitchResX option afterall.
I know there are customise-your-MenuBar apps but I don't see one that
allows for Font size modification.

And the really big problem is Quicken 2005, which does not seem to
allow for Window Font size enlargements.
I wonder if later versions do?  Otherwise, I'm going to have to
getcomputer eye glasses.
Or it might even drive me back to my Dell 19".

As always, everyone's kind attention and expert assistance is greatly
appreciated.

Cliff