On Aug 21, 2010, at 7:32 PM, Dan wrote:

> At 2:58 PM -0700 8/21/2010, John Carmonne wrote:
>> I recently installed a SeriTek 1V4 in my PM G4 and PM G5 the transfer speed
>> is 88 sec's per GB  on a 114 GB CCC. I was under the impression it would a
>> lot faster than this I seem to remember a 3 GB per min claim. Is it possible
>> I'm doing something wrong? Both HDD's are 2TB 7200 RPM Hitahci's in the PM
>> G5.
>
> SeriTek 1V4 is SATA I, 1.5 Gbps burst, 150 MB/sec (1.2 Gbps) nominal on a
> good day.
>
> eSATA, by its nature, runs a bit slower.
>
> What model Hitachi drives?
>
> Exactly what type of backup were you doing?  File or block oriented? Virgin
> or a merge into an existing volume?  Recall that CCC isn't just copying data
> - it's also comparing and building file system on the target...

Virgin copy with CCC  114 GB DVD images and toast images is taking 2.8 hours I
think USB will do that but I haven't tried that to be sure. The enclosure for
the eSATA drive is an inexpensive SABERENT USB eSATA IDE & SATA model could
that be a problem?   The machine is a PM G5 Dual 2.7. The Drives are as follows

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145298

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP