On Aug 22, 2010, at 8:23 AM, Dan wrote:

The card in question is a **** 1V4 **** not a 1VE2+2.

These are identical cards with different configurations of ports, the V4 has four internal ports, the 2+2 has two internal and two external ports. Otherwise they are identical cards.

The specs were obtained from FirmTek's spec page pertaining to the 1V4.

Yes, and the reply I posted from FirmTek Support explains why the SeriTek series of cards are listed as SATA I when in reality they are SATA II speed cards that lack support for SSC (spread-spectrum clocking), something that isn't used in any normal configuration. This means these SeriTek cards including the 1V4 are capable of SATA II speeds, they just lack SSC support and don't technically meet the SATA II standard. There is no speed difference between these cards and any other SATA II card.