You might want to unplug it as well. If it is not the power supply, it is something else with a lot of juice running through it. You have a potential fire hazard.

lrbarrios wrote:
I just purchased a PowerMac G3 All-In-One from a flee market for $5.
I was told that it works, so what the heck.  As long as my wife
doesn't find out, I'm okay.  :)

I powered it up tonight and it's making a 'snapping/popping' sound
from under the hood -- like a bug zapper.  When this happens, the CRT
display also flashes.  At first I just thought it might be dust.  I
can actually boot an OS 9.2 CD, but shortly afterwards, the machine
will start snapping and popping and reboot itself.  Eventually, after
it gets warmed up, it's almost continually popping and interrupting
the boot process.  I know this can't be good for it, so I've turned it
off until I can get some answers.  Is it the power supply?