On Nov 13, 3:25 pm, Bruce <bsugarb...@core.com> wrote:
> Also, regarding Intel Macs, there is speculation that 10.7 Lion
> will drop support for the Core Duo Intel CPU Macs, because they are
> only 32 bit processors.  >
It might not be a bad idea to wait until the next OS ("Lion") is
released and see which Mac Pros are supported. I paid $1000 for a nice
used one last year, 2 x 3.0 GHz Core2Duo processors, and found out
later that Apple does not support 64-bit processing in the early Mac
Pros. I'm more than a little ticked off that it won't 'unleash the
power of 64-bit computing' as Apple promoted with SL and that it
probably won't be able to go past SL when 10.7 is released next summer.