On Nov 19, 2010, at 5:19 PM, Kris Tilford wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2010, at 4:24 PM, M Christol wrote:
>
>> I believe I have it in right but it's not showing up.
>
> My G5 is VERY picky about how the RAM is seated. In my experience, all
> computers that require matched sets are difficult. I've reseated and
> restarted my G5 perhaps 18-20 times before, moving the sticks in matched
> slots as required, but in different slots. As soon as the all were
> recognized, no problems whatsoever. You may want to consider pressing the
> CUDA reset, I don't think this is required.

I had a real problem with my G5 after replacing the heat sink. Half the RAM was
not reporting and weird things on the system were  happening. Anyway I took out
all eight sticks keeping track of the pairs. I spray cleaned all the slots and
the ram and installed in pairs. Afterwards all the RAM showed up and the system
was working right again. It had me worried that my logicboard was history.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP