Tom wrote:
Yeah, I don't know why the drivers for this rather common video card
were left out of Leopard, but obviously they were. Somebody at Apple
goofed?

Ted, are you sure it was the card that was bad, or only the driver?

I'm pretty sure it was the card, as it was OK when booted from cold, but after running for 4 - 5 minutes, blocky artefacts appeared. So something was definitely not good, and it appeared to be heat-exacerbated.

Also, booting from the other drive (10.4) in the G4 didn't improve matters...

Ted