Dear Listers,

My wife's iMac G5 is currently connected to a Lexmark laser printer that works fine. She wants me to connect a color printer to the iMac.... The problem is, I can't ADD any other printers to this computer.

I have been talked through the process of adding printers (OS 10.4.11) by a tech person at Canon, but we were not successful. The printer I am trying to add is a Canon Pixma MX300.

The iMac sees the new printer and it is listed as being connected to the Mac via direct USB in System Profiler, but the iMac can't find the driver that the Canon tech and I installed and re-installed.

The printer works fine when connected with the same cable to another Mac.....

I suspect that the problem is caused by some sort of conflict in the G5, but I don't know how to fix it. Can any of you suggest a cure?

I have run Disk Warrior, Disk Tools, repaired permissions, zapped PRAM, reset NVRAM and defaults and tried using a different USB port and cable. No problems were discovered....

Happy Holidays to all and thanks for your ideas and input.

Larry Eden