On 2011/01/21 12:42, Ashgrove so eloquently wrote:
Check if the Tiger machine has sharing enabled: that's usually the
only bump in the road when it comes to Screen Sharing, and it's often
overlooked because, well, it's such a basic one.

It has Personal File Sharing, Personal Web Sharing (which seems like it wouldn't matter but I remember that it needs to be enabled with Tiger), Remote Login (SSH I believe), and Apple Remote Desktop enabled. Access Privileges for Apple Remote Desktop has my name selected in the access list, initially the "VNC viewers may control screen with password" box was checked, unchecking it I could not connect, checking it and using the password I entered I still could not connect, even after a reboot. I'm almost positive I've remote controlled the iMac before but I don't seem able to do it now.

And you are so smart, you are giving us blondes a good name. We too
often get the fuzzy end of the lollipop…

Thank you Felix. :">

Tina

--

iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 64MB 10.4.11

PB G4 15" HR-DLSD 1.67GHz G4 2GB RAM Radeon 9700 128MB VRAM 10.5.8

Mac Pro Mid-2010 2.8 GHz QC 8 GB RAM Radeon HD 5770 1 GB VRAM 10.6.6