> I recently acquired a Power Mac G4 Quicksilver (867mHZ, 1.25 gb RAM)
> and am in the process of upgrading and updating it. I've got most
> things on my list accomplished but I'm somewhat confused about what
> type of wireless would be best for this machine.

If you want 100 percent Airport Extreme (802.11b/g) compatibility for the
lowest possible cost, then the solution is available on ePrey (sic) for
about US$10.

First, you need a Mini-PCI (NO, not a Mini-PCI-e) Broadcom WiFi card.
These cards are intended for use in Dell and similar laptops. Most of the
laptop manufacturers have gone to a Mini-PCI-e WiFi card, which explains
the low cost of these cards.

Second, you need a Mini-PCI-to-PCI adapter which includes an R-SMA
connector and cable.

Finally, you need an R-SMA antenna.

All of the above can be had for about US$10, total, although probably not
all from the same seller.

These products are often sold with shipping included in the price, usually
shipped from Hong Kong or Singapore.

I have about ten of these installed in systems.

So far, no DOAs or other defects.

About This Mac ... reports this system thusly:

  Software Versions:
  Menu Extra:   6.2.1 (621.1)
  configd plug-in:      6.2.3 (623.2)
  System Profiler:      6.0 (600.9)
  Network Preference:   6.2.1 (621.1)
  AirPort Utility:      5.5.2 (552.11)
  IO80211 Family:       3.1.2 (312)
  Interfaces:
en0:
  Card Type:    Third-Party Wireless Card
  Supported PHY Modes:  802.11 b/g
  Supported Channels:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
  Current Network Information:
  PHY Mode:     802.11g
  BSSID:        0:50:18:4f:51:f8
  Network Type: Infrastructure