On Jan 25, 2011, at 12:11 PM, Yersinia wrote:

A USB adapter is just fine. In fact, I'm coming to you RIGHT NOW from my own beloved G4 Quicksilver 867, 1.5 GB RAM, and a Belkin 54g USB Network Adapter with a driver called Wireless Utility v 1.2.80u. Wireless performance of my Quicksilver with the adapter is just as good as the built-in Airport in my G4 Mini 1.5 GHz and my iBook G3/800.

Unless you've added a PCI USB 2.0 card, your Quicksilver should have limited capability using a Belkin 54g USB adapter via the built-in USB 1.1 port. The performance should be slower than your G4 Mini's native 54g Airport Extreme card, and about the same as your iBook G3/800 with original Airport 802.11b card. You must have USB 2.0 to get full speed 802.11g or 802.11n via a USB adapter. None of the G4 PowerMacs have USB 2.0 unless you've installed a USB 2.0 PCI card. A USB 2.0 PCI card is a good investment for all G4 PowerMacs.