Dan, thanks for the hint!

I downloaded both Paragon NTFS 4 Mac and HFS+ for Win. I tried them inside a
vm environment (VirtualBox) on vmWindows XP SP3 (32-bit) and on vmMac
OS X 10.5 (a Hackintosh version) and both installed fine. I can now mount a
HFS+ volume from inside vmWindows XP and a NTFS partition from inside
vmMac OS X.

I cannot say they're slow. But then, my machine is very fast. Maybe I'll later
try the Paragon NTFS driver on my real Mac, but I doubt that because I don't
wont to mess up my installation. I use the free (open source) NTFS-3G from
Tuxera and don't see it being too slow for me. The G4 Quicksilver Dual-800 in
general seems to be slow, especially when I've just worked with my PC (which
is a 3.2 GHz Hexa-Core AMD).

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250