Hi Clark,

I don't know why. I like the old Adobe apps because I worked a lot
with them professionally. But since I installed CS2 on my Tiger disk I
could not start them any more using Classic. I could and can in
Panther though.  I don't like to start natively in OS9 although I had
to do that in order to use my SCSI-scanner and MOD drives. OSX also
"should" recognize my scanner via the Adaptec SCSI-card but VueScan
never finds a scanner.

Also when I had installed CS 2 on my MDD under Tiger I couldn't use
CS2 under Panther any more because I have only a license for one
computer. After dismounting my Tiger disks in Panther they worked fine
again. Now even with the Tiger disks mounted CS2 workes flawlessly in
Panther and all old Adobe apps, too (Photoshop 4, Illustrator 9,
Acrobat 4 - they are much faster under Classic in OSX than CS2 and
start in a flash).

At least after the recent swap my Logitech webcam is recognized in
Tiger too and its mic also as "unknown USB-device". And I found that
video performance is much better now. When I watch YouTube videos they
don't hiccup anymore but both processors appear to work at 100 percent
sometimes ;-)

My best regards to everyone here,

Jörg.