If the "Flower Pot" you have has a 100 Bus it will be Sloooow.
Which machine do you have. IMHO Tiger is still the very fastest on
the PPC's except for the G5 PM's.

JOHN CARMONNE

John, the iMac has 80 gig hard drive, 768 mgs of RAM, 800 MHz speed
processor and 100 MHz Bus speed. He is going to use it for email,
games and hopefully homework <G>. It's the games that had me thinking
to upgrade to 10.5. But i think I will leave it at Tiger.

I can assure you on that machine you're way better of with Tiger as long as it plays the games he wants the graphics on that bus are intolerable I don't care what video card you get. As far as Time Machine goes ( a feature of 10.5) Carbon Copy Cloner works pretty well when using the saved task feature. I just spent days trying to get decent performance with Leo on a G4 Cube with a Sonnet 1.2 GHz processor and it came down to the Bus speed being a bottle neck on 10.5 as far as Tiger goes, on that machine it rocks. BTJM

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda USA
From TiBook 867