Tina - you hit the nail on the head here. I was running Dual 1.25GHz
MDD G4 which I still love, 3 of them helping to keep my house warm.
The only thing they are slow at is the video encode. You Tube, no
issue. But the encode? 2-4 hours per hour of video depending on the
format change.
I bought the same Mac Pro you have, and it flies, less than 1/10th the
time to do the same encodes. Truth is, I am not a power user, but as
the G4s were nearing 8 years old, it was my family that pretty much
told me I need to spend some money on myself. And yes, it's cool to
take a video off a camera and see it on the tivo a few minutes later.