> The chief danger in that script is that if you do an OF reset you
> will lose access to the part of the drive above 128Gb until you
> re-activate the script. If you keep your current 128Gb partition that will
> still be available, just any new partition you create will not be
> available.  You might want to create a small unused partition, one that
> spans the transition point then create t third partition that uses the
> remainder of the drive.  The "transition" partition insures that no part
> of the third partition is available to the OS if the OF patch is missing.
> If part of it was accessible there is the possibility of it being
> corrupted.  It's hard to say what the OS or any repair tools might do to a
> disk that is only partly visible, it may attempt to "repair" the problem.

You might follow Intech's "white paper" on compatible partitioning.

If you correctly partition the drive, then losing the second (or all
subsequent) partitions is not a great loss as these may be fairly
immediately gotten back either by re-executing the O.F. patch, or by

The important point is the first or several partitions, all those which
are below the 128 GB line, MUST end at 131,072 MB.

You may have a reasonable number of partitions up to and including 131,072
MB, and any reasonable number of partitions above 131,072 MB.

When 160 GB drives first be came available, I used these for boot drives,
with four more-or-less equally-sized partitions below the 128 GB line, and
a 25 GB partitions above the line.

The four partitions below the line contained: 10.3.9, 10.3.9 Server,
10.4.11 and 10.5.8.

On top of the 160 GB drive, in the two-high carrier, is a 500 GB drive
partitioned as 128 GB and 338 GB.

My QS 2001 eventually received a QS 2002 motherboard and dual 1.0 GHz
processor from an LEM buy, so there is no longer any need for "High Cap"
(it has been removed) and, of course, the LBA48 property is always
present, and cannot be disabled, in the motherboard's ROM.