On 2011/04/13 19:22, Clark Martin so eloquently wrote:
There was one or more versions of the PowerBook that had problems
with WiFi range.  It was basically a design error (AFAIK).  Your
model is from around that period but I don't know specifics.  This
means that you may never get acceptable reception.

My Al book has worse reception than my G4 iBooks did, and all of my Macs, desktop and notebook, see fewer networks than my friends do with their Windoze boxes.

For the OP perhaps a 'repeater' would solve your problem?

Tina

--

iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForceFX5200 Ultra 64MB VRAM 10.4.11

PB G4 15" HR-DLSD 1.67GHz G4 2GB RAM Radeon 9700 128MB VRAM 10.4.11

Mac Pro Mid-2010 2.8 GHz QC 6 GB RAM Radeon HD 5770 1GB VRAM 10.6.6