On Apr 16, 2011, at 7:49 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

After going through the SoyLatte site, downloading the OpenJDK source and looking at the stuff in there I"ve come to the conclusion that no one's successfully built Java 1.6 for PPC. The SoyLatte site, at the very top of the page says "(Intel)".

I suspect you've got the intel version, hence the 'Bad CPU' error.

I found this version of JDK 1.7 which they say is for PPC Macs:

32-bit OpenJDK 7 Beta 1 for Mac OS X 10.5 PowerPC (Beta Release): openjdk7-macppc-2009-12-16-b4.tar.bz2

on http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/soylatte/

And this is what I get as Java -version in Terminal, after adding it to my PATH:

Acoustic-Piano-Mac-3:~ moonstoneartstudio$ java -version
openjdk version "1.7.0-internal"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-internal- landonf_2009_12_16_12_54-b00)
OpenJDK Zero VM (build 17.0-b05, interpreted mode)

But it doesn't show up in the Java Preferences.app window ... just 1.5 and 1.4, and when I try to run PS3 Media Server, it still says there's no Java version >= 1.6.

Know what I'm missing? It's a Developer package, and hasn't been turned on, even though its in the PATH?

I tried doing a Safe Boot thinking rebuilding caches and kextcache (or whatever) would get things rolling ...

and I  haven't found a forum on the subject as yet.