On Apr 17, 2011, at 8:33 PM, peterh...@cruzio.com wrote:

I run Netflix on several Hackintosh systems. There is NO modifying of any
kind required to install SilverLight on a Hackintosh.

Well there IS a required alteration.

The installation package must be opened and the installation_check module
must be deleted, then the package must be closed.

After that, Silverlight will install on any Hackintosh.

Humm, I've installed Silverlight on several Intel hackintosh without any modification to the installer necessary. Seems to work for me. What happens when you try to install without this alteration?

Incidentally, the same alteration is necessary to get the PPC version of
Silverlight to install on a Mini.

Again, what PPC version are you talking about here? Version 1.0 is USELESS, and newer versions have no PPC code, so installing Intel code onto a PPC Mac won't work even if you can get the installer to run.