At 10:17 AM -0700 5/7/2011, jsmanson wrote:
I have a scanning application that I want to run in Os9/Classic Mode.

6 days with no reply. Why? Because you haven't bothered to provide any concrete information. You don't mention what Mac hardware. Or PCI card. Or which vers of OS 9. Or which vers of OS X 10.4. Or which specific app and scanner. Or which versions of what drivers you already have... You cannot expect to get an answer on anything unless you provide appropriate environmental information in the first place.

The application needs one important bit of hardware, a GPIB driver for a PCI-GPIB card. Of course, drivers are available for both OS-X 10.4, as well as OS9 for this hardware, and they work fine in their native modes, but I'm wondering what kind of tomfoolery is needed to coax those OS9 drivers to work within an OS-X 'window'.

None. Classic mode is an *application* that runs as a process in OS X, that emulates the OS 9 environment. It has no special kernel access, therefore all drivers are OS X. What you need is a wedge extension for Classic that translates the app's OS 9 calls to the format required by said OS X driver.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.