On May 18, 2011, at 1:20 AM, Alexander Gomes wrote:

> I had a thought and a couple of questions.  I was thinking about putting a
> computer into my car for music and gas mileage tracking, things of the like,
> and I was wondering what you all might think of it?  I know my G4 has passive
> cooling anyway, and changing the case and power supply would be the biggest
> thing, but the easiest as soon as I find one that will fit.  I'm really
> wondering what are the thermal limits of them?  How well do you think it will
> fair?

Issues are HD and space. A spinning HD probably won't last long in a mobile
environment and a G4 tower takes a lot of space.

However, when the mini came out, there were numerous mods to get them into the
DIN spot of the radio. Replace the HD with an SSD and (the hard part) get a
small touch screen you have a full multimedia system and general purpose
computer in your dash.

Then again, a iPod touch will do the same thing and you can velcro it to the
dash.