On Jun 10, 10:38 am, "Mac User #330250" <macuser330...@gmx.net> wrote:

> I finally got a G4 Cube from eBay, and since I've got so many feasible
> processor cards laying around I'd like to know if it was possible to upgrade
> the Cube with them.
>
> What I have:
> 1) a Dual-450 MHz G4 7400 from a Gigabit Ethernet
> 2) a Dual-800 MHz G4e 7450 from a Quicksilver
> 3) an OWC Mercury Extreme G4e 7450 1.4-1.467 GHz (NOT a Cube version)
> 4) a Dual-1 GHz G4e 7450 from a Quicksilver 2002 will arrive soon (eBay)
>
> The questions are:
> 1) Will they work in the Cube?

First off, start researching at CubeOwner:
http://www.cubeowner.com/forums/

If you going to do any mods to the Cube put in a base fan. I have a
Zalman in mine running on low voltage and I can't hear it at all. Of
the processors you list only the dual 450 will work in the Cube and
that will require spacers under the heatsink. The others will probably
burn out the Cube's VRM if you try to run them. Processors for the
Cube are built differently from most other Mac models so that they
don't overload the Cube's VRM, which is it's weak spot.