On Jun 14, 2011, at 8:06 PM, Stephen E. Bodnar wrote:

The 2-SATA PCI card is worth it, it will speed up the system quite a bit. At least it did on my old G4!

I'd like to see some benchmarks for before & after so that we'd have some real data. There are plenty of anecdotal reports, but real data is hard to find. In order to make the test fair, you'd need to clone your HDs so that they're both as identical as possible. It's not enough to simply clone the old ATA HD onto the new SATA HD, you'd then need to re-clone the new SATA HD back onto the old ATA HD. A lot to ask for a simple benchmark test, might take hours, so it's clear why it's done so rarely.