Hi all,

I've been doing a little looking around on eBay lately, as well as my
college, and I'm perceiving a market for inexpensive but useable
computers. Many students at my community college aren't exactly rich,
so many of them try to buy inexpensive laptops or have to use our
buggy at best computer lab. Needless to say, there are a lot of cords
running around our student center.

My thought was, most older Macs are far more usable with a basic set
of applications on them than even newer netbooks (point in fact: my
brother's one-year old netbook couldn't run full-screen YouTube videos
even when brand new, and it chokes on almost any graphics-intensive
operation, such as SNES9x, which runs fine on my 300 MHz iBook
clamshell). So, I'm wondering if repairing and upgrading Macs for
resale would be a viable source of income. Does anybody (well, other
than PowerBookMedic and other relatively sizable operations) do this?

Obviously, I would be starting off with PowerPC Macs and working my
way up to intel models as my net profit permitted.