Flashplayer 10.3 isn't supported on the G4 (forget the last version
that was). You can't do Netflix either unless you have an Intel mac.
You can play youtube videos as long as they are not HD, even some of
the 480p ones get choppy sometimes.

Yes you can get virus on a PC, but most issues are just mallware which
can be dealt with using software and a firewall. Each platform has its
good and bad points.