I am using FreeNas 8 on a Pentium 4 computer that was no longer in use and I
can store files from Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix if I want and it is easy
to connect to from any computer. Running for 3 months and has been great so
far. I plan on getting an ATOM board in the future for lower power usage.

Todd