On Oct 10, 4:39 am, Bruce Ryan <bruce.r...@mac.com> wrote:

> Just curious - how does a TimeCapsule (or other drive used for
> TimeMachine) work? TCs aren't partitioned, and and it's quite possible
> for two or more macs to want to back up to them at the same time. I
> guess that part of the answer is that each mac has its own
> sparsebundle, so should only ever be accessing this single file that's
> specific to it. That would keep lumps of data 'protected' but what
> keeps the entire filesystem safe?

Not exactly answering the question.  I've been using Time Capsule with
four Macs over ethernet or WiFi for more than two years.  No problems
whatever with file integrity.

BTW, for CCC to my other external drive, I take Dan's advice and keep
it off line except for the backup operations themselves.

Al Poulin