On Oct 24, 2011, at 12:29 PM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

just curious mostly, it's too bad that the "ilife" software can't be installed in the user/ applications instead of system/applications so that I could install whatever version I wanted to on another user....

I've often wished that I could wipe a user off the computer and have "all" of that users info, apps, virtually every stitch removed from that particular user off of that computer? Is there a way of only installing apps etc in the user only without touching the rest of the computer?

The iPhoto Library data is stored in the ~User/Pictures/iPhoto Library file, so this means that even though the iPhoto application is a System application, the various different ~User libraries are only accessible by their own specific ~User, and when you "wipe a user off the computer" the specific iPhoto library associated with that ~User will be wiped off the computer.

iPhoto is bloatware in that it contains many GBs of various different templates for the types of books & cards that Apple sells if you want to create a photo album from your pictures. If you've started at the earliest version of iPhoto and upgraded sequentially, I believe each year's templates are retained and added to, so the size of all these various templates can be substantial. If you don't plan to order books or photo albums from Apple you can delete templates to save HD space.