On Oct 27, 2011, at 10:08 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

On Oct 26, 2011, at 8:27 AM, Bill Connelly wrote:

Are USB modems any good for Macs (or PCs for that matter)? Yahoo Messenger with webcam?

USB and Wireless, that is.

Or is USB just not the best for streaming anything like video …

Not sure what you mean. now. DO you mean WiFi or a phone line modem? Regular old 56K, no way, WifI sure.

I might be traveling to Ghana, and this is offered there:

http://www.vodafone.com.gh/Personal/Promotion/Get-a-mobile-broadband-modem-for-only-GH ¢-1.aspx

Wondering if a Macbook or other G4 would work well with it.

They explicitly state Mac compatibility, and in my experience most of these cellular broadband devices are mac compatible, although I don't know about G4's, though.

Its a cellular broadband device. Do they stream video at all well?