Hi Bill,

thanks for the reply to my questions. I have tried Carbon Copy Cloner, but with zero success. I probably did something wrong and will try it again. The hard drives that came with the Avid Meridian software and MacOS9.2.2 & MacOSX10.2.6 on them are set up to boot to the desktop with a blank password and a user name of Wexler Video. There must be a system password that I do not know, or an Avid Meridian password that I do not have, because when I try to copy the system files, the OS, or the Avid Meridian software to a different hard drive, I get a password request that I can't get past to complete the copy process. The Avid Meridian software uses an USB dongle, so I am confused why they would also require password protection to copy or move the files. (Yes, I have all of the USB dongles for each of the 7 systems)

I have 4 IDE hard drives in the dual 1.25GHz G4 MDD PowerMac as follows:

1. 6gb hard drive removed from a G3 iMac with MacOS9.2.2 on it that works and boots on the dual 1.25GHz G4 MDD PowerMac 2. 160gb hard drive w/MorphOS2.7 installed on it, which also boots through the boot option screen when the Option key is held down while booting. 3. 120gb hard drive w/Ubuntu10.10 PPC installed on it (I think I have forgotten the password for this installation and may need to re- install, or recover the password somehow. I am a total noob with Linux of any flavor) 4. Empty 80gb hard drive formatted for Mac w/HFS+ file system that I hope to use as the drive to clone the original drive that came with these video/audio editing systems that came from a production studio in Hollywood, CA about a year ago with Avid Meridian cards and input/ output break-out boxes, as well as an ATTO Fibre Channel card. (in fact, I have 2 or 3 sets of Avid Meridian cards and break-out boxes for sale to anyone who has a G4 PowerMac and wants to play around with audio/video editing. I am trying to sell them on eBay, but if you are interested, let me know. I can sell them cheap and you can have a $3,000+ editing system for literally pennies on the dollar)

Since MorphOS2.7 takes up so little hard drive space (the entire OS plus several apps, like the Odyssey1.15 web browser and others, only takes up about 165mb of hard drive space), I was thinking of moving it to the 6gb hard drive. Then I would use the 160gb hard drive for MacOSX10.5.8, with one partition for data storage of media files that I could access as a shared partition from all OSes I use on this computer. I would then keep the Linux Ubuntu10.10 PPC (or later) install on the 120gb hard drive, with perhaps half of that drive partitioned as another data storage partition shared between all OSes on this computer. Finally, I wish to clone the 80gb hard drive that is in an identical computer that I sold to a friend which has a good install of the Avid Meridian audio/video editing software that runs the PCI cards and break-out boxes. It came from the production studio with MacOS9.2.2 and MacOSX10.2.6 together on the same partition. I don't need the MacOSX10.2.6 part of that install, but it will probably be easier to do an exact clone of that drive to my empty 80gb MacOS HFS + formatted hard drive and then if I want, I could later try to delete the 10.2.6 install and just leave the MacOS9.2.2 on that drive, as that is the OS that the Avid Meridian software runs under.

What is CentOS? I will have to look it up. Thanks also for the link to the list netiquette guide. I will read it when I have some free time, so I don't make too many mistakes on the list.

Sorry for the long post, I hope it has not offended or bored most of the members of this list.

If anyone has any suggestions that can help me accomplish what I have outlined above, I will really appreciate your help. If posting such help on the list will just be a waste of bandwidth, you can email me directly.

Thanks again,
David
aka AmigaDave