On Dec 8, 2011, at 6:40 AM, Nick Adams wrote:

I have the same problem with my G4 MDD:
OS 10.58
1.42 GHz.
2 GB ram
USB 3 PCI card
Sonnet SATA card with two 1.5 TB drives
350 GB hard drive on the ATA bus where the OS 10.58 is installed.

Nice specs for a G4 MDD PowerMac Nick. I might get a SATA PCI card some time in the future so I can use larger, newer drives, but only if the SATA card is also supported by my MorphOS2.7 installation. The G4 PowerMac MDD was such a great case design, but is noisy with the stock fans. It was a powerhouse for Apple for a long time and was improved over the largest range of clock speeds, more than any other CPU that I can think of. I think it was a much better case design than the later G5 PowerMac's, with room for more drives and easier to work on. My dual 2.7GHz G5 gets used most for running MacOSX, but the dual 1.42GHz G4 is more fun, since it can also run MorphOS2.7.